Nano Pics w/Ponies and New Clowns

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
I dont know if this should go here or Ponies...Little of each...Coming around quickly..Hope you like

Thanks Matt and Tim for the Clowns...They were meant to be together!!

cool-I've always wanted a dedicated seahorse tank-but never have--nice tank

Thanks Victor...Eric...So far its going really well...The Ponies are pigging out and getting fat, the tank is stable...I LOVE my new clowns...The ONLY thing Im concerned about is enough food for the sand sifting star....

yeah--I had one--it croaked after a few months--I'm not gonna get another one--if it croaks, the narsisus (or something like that) snails do a good job of sifting my sand and eating uneaten food-they appear kinda like aliens out of the sand when food hits the floor-kinda neat-

Good to wake up and see the clowns swimming around together...whew lol

Sweet tank man, I like the ponies. The tank looks very clean. What kind of skimmer you got on that?

I have an aquafuge w/skimmer and I also have a prizm deluxe with carbon running through it..I probably dont need the prizm but I have to over feed so it can only help.

Just make sure the seahorses are egeting enough food. Clwon are greedy pigs, and are typically not good companions for seahorses as they outcompete the food availability. You will have to pay special attention to it.

they are eating fine..Feed the clowns first and the ponies do just great. Most I talked to on Seahorse.org have clowns also...Just have to make sure that they eat first...After 6 months with a 75 head Suncoral this is a cakewalk lol

But your right, they are pigs :)

Not to be a troubloe starter, but I looked at seahorses.org, and found this compatibility chart where it lists clowns as a gamble and credible risk. The only reason I bring this up is so others who may wish to try this dont think its an easy thing to match clowns and seahorses.

http://www.seahorse.org/library/articles/tankmates.shtml">http://www.seahorse.org/library/articles/tankmates.shtml</a>

EDIT- My bad- it shows occelaris as a slightly lesser risk. Nonetheless, it is my opinion, that clowns are not the best tankmates for seahorses. But that is just my opinion. Good luck.

I would question the type of clown for sure...I wouldnt put aggressive clarkies or maroons...I would assume there are other agressive clowns Im not familiar with. The recommendations were ocellaris clowns, kinda happy go lucky. No BTA so no territorial issues.

My first concern is for the safety of my livestock so Im pretty on top of whats going on in my tank.

Was kinda of funny...while watching the game last night the 2 clowns and 2 Ponies were swimming in a tight school..was a blast to watch...Im fortunate!

Regardless, I always keep an eye on things...

jmaneyapanda;131870 wrote: Not to be a troubloe starter, but I looked at seahorses.org, and found this compatibility chart where it lists clowns as a gamble and credible risk. The only reason I bring this up is so others who may wish to try this dont think its an easy thing to match clowns and seahorses.

http://www.seahorse.org/library/articles/tankmates.shtml">http://www.seahorse.org/library/articles/tankmates.shtml</a>

EDIT- My bad- it shows occelaris as a slightly lesser risk. Nonetheless, it is my opinion, that clowns are not the best tankmates for seahorses. But that is just my opinion. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

BTW Panda I dont think your stirring anything my friend...I welcome ALL thoughts...If I agree, cool, if not, it's just my poinion...Ive been worng before and ill be wrong AGAIN :)

Hey Russ That tank looks great! Where did you get your black clowns? i am looking for a mate for my little guy.

One was from flinster and one from Tim...I was going to get 2 from Tim but he only had one left. I swear, youd think theyve been together from birth..One was in the tank the other was getting acclimated and the one in the tank wouldnt leave the bags side.

As I said, the ponies love swimming and playing with them...so so cool to watch. Im not saying Im glad I got rid of the 54 corner but this is pretty cool too.

Sprayin70;131909 wrote: Very beautiful tank! Glad things are going well for ya.

Thanks Bro...Every time a new tank is set up it keeps getting easier...Needs some zoas for color...

I need to swing by and check it out sometime. I need to pick up the NES games anyway. LOL. I love the Seahorses. I have never been brave enough to try it myself. Do you culture phyto and brine? Well hatch and encapsulate the Brine?

Back