MRC MR2 Set up Question

gmpolan

Market
Reaction score
For some odd reason, even with having the water level about 2 inches above the box, i am still getting very little to no bubbles at all.
I have tried to close the valve or open it all the way and still nothing....any thoughts. In the model, it looks like their is a piece of filter or some kind of cotton in there where in mine there is nothing.

pic?

where is the water level in the riser tube? How long been running - takes a lil break in cycle. what size pump?

The cotton in the silencer is there to reduce the suction noise created by the beckett injector. It will only affect performance if it is blocked. If using the cotton, you should change it regularly to ensure proper air flow.

What pump are you using to drive the skimmer?

Please post pics of the installed skimmer..that could tell a lot.

I am currently using a mag 18 in sump to run the unit and here at the pics..

SDC12376.jpg
alt="" />
SDC12375.jpg
alt="" />

Its also dripping water out of the grey portion of the riser...

never, i purchased the unit from loren k and set it up. How do you go about cleaning the beckett?

I can't see clearly on the pic how to take the beckett injector out but essentially you need to clean the inside of the injector. MRC has a diagram that shows you the inside:
images

that's not the problem...

the problem is that your water level inside the skimmer cylinder is higher than your beckett air intake needle valve (that's why water is coming out of the air inlet...

if water is coming out of the air inlet.. air cannot get int..

I would guess that you need to open your outlet gate valve all the way and begin the tune in process again...

(when the skimmer directions say "water approximately 2" above the box" they are talking about the water inside the skimmer, not the depth of the water that your skimmer is sitting in.. - this internal water level is adjusted by a combination of the gatevalve on the skimmer box and the amount of air coming in at the beckett needle valve..)

thanks for the input and keep it coming, ill try first to back down the water in the column and set it 2 inches above the box while opening the beckett valve all the way as well. If that doesnt work, then ill remove the beckett and clean it up...

"looks" like (might not be I cant truly tell from the pic) your gate valve outlet is too close to the sump wall and is creating some back pressure - this could be some of the cause as well.

remove the injector and clean it out like hanin suggests - it will be self explanatary once you get it out - stuff gets caught in those all the time and should be a part of your monthly maintenence routine.

Its prob about 5 inches away from the glass as there is not much more room bc the mag is behind the unit...but ill def take everyones thoughts into consideration

gmpolan;556604 wrote: Its prob about 5 inches away from the glass as there is not much more room bc the mag is behind the unit...but ill def take everyones thoughts into consideration

then your good there - mine is about the same but mine puts out so many bubbles its like a hot tub in that part of the sump...cant even see thegate valve most of the time.

did you tear down the injector yet?

no as i am currently at work at the moment, ill do it when i get home

gmpolan;556608 wrote: no as i am currently at work at the moment, ill do it when i get home

sounds like a good reason to leave work early to me..:D

if you need to, you can come out of the skimmer box with a street 90 and run the gate valve along the side of the box.. that'll give you more room..

Not enough pressure..

I have compared my MR2 running an external pump (1200gph) to one with a Mag18 (1800gph), and the difference was noticeable..

I was creating much more dense foam head...

Back