Innovative Marine SR Pro 2 120 AIO review

sidvicious

Market
Reaction score
Anyone out there with this particular tank care to chime in on the build quality and pros of this tank. Thinking of purchasing a new one but would like to hear some feedback first before making the purchase. Thank you!

I have that one. I got it in May 2023.

TL/DR: I love it, but there are things I didn't realize when I bought it.

After a year here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
  • It is a show stopper. It is like having a panoramic version of a fish tank.
  • I am 5'5" and it is super easy to clean the display tank. The height of the stand and tank put
    the rim of the glass a little below my armpit, and I can touch the bottom of the glass without
    needing any step ladder or being on my tiptoes.
  • Rock scapping can be a little challenging, but looks incredible when you get it right.
  • There is a ton of space under the tank. When I first got it I was able to laydown in the stand
    which is impressive, and the side doors make it easily accessed.
  • It is easy to run as a low-tech, low-maintanence tank: I have 2 manual fleece rollers, carbon/GFO and dosing.

Cons:
  • It is difficult to find a protien skimmer that fits. Another guy who has the same tank pointed
    me at a Reef Octopus 100 dupe on AliExpress. You need 1 for a low tank load and two for
    medium or heavy.
  • Filter socks aren't enough in my opinion. I would recommend a fleece roller, but finding an
    automatic is complicated. I am on the hunt and this is my best option as of now.
  • The three return pumps take up a lot of space in the back.
  • I couldn't find a good answer to a refugium.
  • It is heavy. I hired people to move the tank into room it needed to be in, and then it was a
    struggle for 4 adults to move on to the stand. Make sure you have people to help you, and
    get the heavy duty suction grips from Home Depot/Lowes.

Quality:
This is complicated for me. The glass box is prestine, but the black divider wall that seperates the display from the back has bowed.
The black piece is cosmetic and attached to a clear piece of acrylic that is shower. The top pulled away from the shorter wall.
But the company has offered to make it better. The issue I came across is how much effort it would take to swap out the warped tank
for a replacement tank.

If you are an equipment person, this AIO may not be for you. There is a part of me that thinks a SUMP would have been easier.

If you like a low-equipement/low-complication, this is a great tank.

Thank you so much for the detailed review! May you please post pictures of your tank please? Was their response to your issue to just replace with a brand new tank? Thank you for the pointers on how heavy the tank is, that is much needed information. Thanks!

Back