Fishlips 180 build

Yes:thumbs:Thats what i needed to here.I dont know if i got to wait for a cycle,sence my rock has been in a tub with no light on it.Its just about 75 lb.All my other rock is up and running with coral on it.I will wait a few weeks after putting the rock from the tub to see if i get a cycle.Thanks for all the input.I know you folks think this is a slow build.This is how i roll.Dont think im not excited, i am,this way it last a long time.Thanks again.

One suggestion if you want a quieter setup - dump the mega overflows and go with a Herbie setup.

My 210 aga had mega overflows (durso) and they were LOUD. Switched to a whisper quiet herbie (one full siphon and one dry backup) and love it.

Sent by Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Tapatalk 2

DavidinGA;873053 wrote: One suggestion if you want a quieter setup - dump the mega overflows and go with a Herbie setup.

My 210 aga had mega overflows (durso) and they were LOUD. Switched to a whisper quiet herbie (one full siphon and one dry backup) and love it.

I will look into it.Never seen one.I will have to act fast.Thanks. Is it easy set up.

Fishlips;873160 wrote: I will look into it.Never seen one.I will have to act fast.Thanks. Is it easy set up.

Tons of good info out there but here is one that will give you the idea...

http://gmacreef.com/herbie-overflow-reef-tank-plumbing-method-basics/">http://gmacreef.com/herbie-overflow-reef-tank-plumbing-method-basics/</a>

Islandreef;842036 wrote: That's going to be allot of weight on that stand, you sure that will hold it. I also built a stand but I had way more bracing underneath, maybe I just dont see it.

Yeah I have plenty of support on the stand.

2 studs on each corner, 2x6 top frame, single vertical support in rear and two additional front supports (don't need them actually but it helps me sleep at night). I intentionally left off the middle floor cross support (most people but a stud in between the bottom frame to keep everything square and prevent any forward or back sway - my tank is flush against the back wall so I didn't have that concern) to maximize my sump area height.

Most diy stands are waaaaaay overbuilt and could support 5-10 times the weight they will need to support.

20130207_131058.jpg
alt="" />

DavidinGA;873519 wrote: Yeah I have plenty of support on the stand.

2 studs on each corner, 2x6 top frame, single vertical support in rear and two additional front supports (don't need them actually but it helps me sleep at night). I intentionally left off the middle floor cross support (most people but a stud in between the bottom frame to keep everything square and prevent any forward or back sway - my tank is flush against the back wall so I didn't have that concern) to maximize my sump area height.

Most diy stands are waaaaaay overbuilt and could support 5-10 times the weight they will need to support.

this....

my 215 gallon (72x24x32) uses 1x4s not 2x4s..... pine. There are some sections of the bracing where it is two 1x4s together but overall..... it can support a ton of weight.

Its getting close to show time.Maybe another week or so.Thought i would show my hanging system i made.Dont mind the rock i through in the tank.Its been sitting in a tub for months.It will all come together soon.

24 hrs ago there was not one coral in tank.It was a job.I dont know if im happy with it or not.I dont know if im going to keep the leathers on each side, or take them out.I just had them for ever.The tomato clown did not make the cut.I left him in the 90, by himself.Sorry about the cell pic.Still got plenty of work left to do.

Looks great. Your going to love all that room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks,The four fish that are in there are enjoying it.Now if i can get someone to give me a black tang,J/K.But, now that i got a bigger tank,when those sighs come up,"180 or larger" I can aleast think about it.One thing i noticed,It dont look that big anymore.Makes me think i should have went 36" wide.Although if i did that, i would have been looking for another wife.Im good for a few more yrs.

'

:eek: What dont we see on the bottom of tank.No sand.Got 2 40lbs of SP florsand.If you look where its bare, it my use 10 to 20 lb at the most to make 1".Thats if i put any in.My plate coral is right on the glass bottom.I think he should be fine.Feed him a piece of krill last night.

Back