Best Name Contest!

ActiveAngel

Contest Committee Lead
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
Best Name Contest!
We fall in love with the animals that we care for; and it’s quite common that we give our pets names. This is especially true if we have them for 5, or 10, or even 20 years.

I want to hear the best names for your fish, shrimp, or other invertebrates! Winner will be decided by total supporting ‘likes’. So please check back around the end of August to place votes/likes for any names that you enjoy!

Note: this is not a contest for the best color/morph name. Rather it’s for the best name for a specific individual in our tank. Votes should be for names that are cute, funny, original, or fitting the animal’s appearance or personality.

Deadline:
•Submissions by August 31st at midnight
•Votes will be counted on September 7th. This will allow late submissions an opportunity to catch up to early submissions.

How to submit.
Please include:
•Name
•Species (optional)
•How long have you cared for him/her
•Photo of individual
Maximum of two submissions per person. If submitting twice, please post them in separate responses for voting purposes.

Prize:
2x 50lbs bags of Instant Ocean salt
Instant Ocean promo shirt

Have fun!!

(I will share myself, just to get the contest started, but disqualify myself from the prize since I’m the one donating).

Name: Queen Elizabeth
She is a Royal Gramma.. my wife thought I said Royal Grandma.
I’ve had her for maybe about 6 months so far, and she’s been a model citizen in her new home.

A3F6C1D2-6CE2-4DDC-B549-191D6744F252.jpeg

This is georgio billings we got him when we just moved into our apt, when checking the mail my wife noticed a misplaced letter in our mailbox with that name and our address thought it was funny and now hes georgio or mr billings when he decides to eat the cuc

Attachments

• DSC_0261_1.JPG
    DSC_0261_1.JPG
    569.2 KB · Views: 30
Meet Sushi and Fish Stick. Since we can only go with one, the big one is Fish Stick. I have never been a fish namer, but my eleven year old is.IMG_5956.JPG

Meet Sushi and Fish Stick. Since we can only go with one, the big one is Fish Stick.

You’re actually allowed two; you just have to make separate posts, for voting purposes.

Maximum of two submissions per person. If submitting twice, please post them in separate responses for voting purposes.

And regarding naming fish; I know what you mean. My wife is more into naming fish than I am. But I enjoy my few fish that have names! This contest is a nice and small way to encourage non-namers (like us) to branch out and try something new... plus there are a lot of people with very creative and fun names out there!

Name:poseidon
He or she I don’t know since it is the only clownfish in the tank . I name he/she Poseidon because Poseidon is the Greek god of the seas and this clownfish does the funniest thing to be kind of like a king of the sea . When a new fish, coral or invertebrate gets into the tank he spends the first week looking at them directly trying to assert dominance or whatever he is the only fish that I named because Poseidon just fit him

PS don’t mind the fact that I’m acclimating more fish also the waters a little cloudy cause I just did a water change today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
He or she I don’t know since it is the only clownfish in the tank . I name he/she Poseidon because Poseidon is the Greek god of the seas and this clownfish does the funniest thing to be kind of like a king of the sea . When a new fish, coral or invertebrate gets into the tank he spends the first week looking at them directly trying to assert dominance or whatever he is the only fish that I named because Poseidon just fit him

PS don’t mind the fact that I’m acclimating more fish also the waters a little cloudy cause I just did a water change today
Whoops for some reason there was a emoji instead of a p

SO here is one of my entries.

This is Marlina. So we got two clownfish and of course my oldest daughter wanted to name them Nemo and Marlin. It was a great teaching experience for her because I told her about how both when we got them were both male and that one will establish dominance and become the female of the two. So fast forward to today. There was clearly a "winner" and it was Marlin. With that being said my daughter was like "Well I guess she is Marlina now."

:oops:
IMG_20190807_092537.jpg

(She looks sickly in this picture but I promise that she is not. :oops: ) Dont let my poor picture taking skills of a moving fish bring her votes down. lol

Oh and I’ve had him for about a month

Bump! Last day to post your submissions for free Salt!

*2 Submissions are allowed per person (just make them in separate posts)

*Also, please like any posts with fun names. I will count up the total votes in a week, so there will be several days for people to vote on any last minute submissions.

Who was t
Best Name Contest!
We fall in love with the animals that we care for; and it’s quite common that we give our pets names. This is especially true if we have them for 5, or 10, or even 20 years.

I want to hear the best names for your fish, shrimp, or other invertebrates! Winner will be decided by total supporting ‘likes’. So please check back around the end of August to place votes/likes for any names that you enjoy!

Note: this is not a contest for the best color/morph name. Rather it’s for the best name for a specific individual in our tank. Votes should be for names that are cute, funny, original, or fitting the animal’s appearance or personality.

Deadline:
•Submissions by August 31st at midnight
•Votes will be counted on September 7th. This will allow late submissions an opportunity to catch up to early submissions.

How to submit.
Please include:
•Name
•Species (optional)
•How long have you cared for him/her
•Photo of individual

Prize:
2x 50lbs bags of Instant Ocean salt
Instant Ocean promo shirt

Have fun!!
Who won this ?

Back